Monday, December 08, 2008
Snow in Florida???
WOW!!!! We had an amazing weekend! I feel like I need a few days to recover from it. It started out on Friday night when Clark and I dropped the girls off with my mom and G-Doug and headed out on a date. We went and saw Jars of Clay, Sixpense None the Richer, Sara Groves, and Leeland in a Christmas concert. It wasn't all I was expecting it to be, but it was still fun. I wasn't expecting Jars of Clay to sing "A Cowboys Christmas" by John Denver...but it was still a great concert...just slower than I was expecting. My favorite song of the concert was definitely Jars version of "Little Drummer Boy." I liked it so much, I had to put it out here for you:






Then on Saturday morning we woke up early (like we do every Saturday) and headed to gymnastics. The girls flipped, twisted, and tumbled for an hour. Then we headed downtown to watch the local Christmas Parade! It was fun to see some of my students from the school and some of Melisa's friends as well. Of course the best part was Santa at the end! :-)


Then it was home to clean, clean, clean! We finished cleaning just in time for the rest of the family to arrive for our mini football party. We were glued to the TV for the next 4 hours cheering on the Gators! We had chips, salsa, veggies, dip, chicken wings, and subs. The kids took the play instruments and formed their own Gator Band to play everytime we scored. It was awesome.



We crashed hard on Saturday night, but were back up early Sunday to head to Northside Baptist Church to speak about our work in Korea. The church took us out to lunch afterwards and we had a great time of fellowship. We always love getting to share about the work we did in Korea. As soon as lunch was over, we headed home to bundle up.


We headed to a local Country Club to meet up with family and go to a Snowfest!
It was AWESOME! They made a huge ice slide and had a ton of snow to make a hill for snowball fights. There were craft tables for painting Christmas ornaments. The girls got to sit on Santa's lap and get their pictures taken with him. We can't forget the facepainting table or the bounce house! Most of their time was spent on the snow mound! We finished off the day by eating dinner at the Country Club.



WHEW...I am tired all over again. It was a busy but totally FUN weekend! Too bad we don't have a day to recover! Here are some pictures of the weekend! :-)




div>

  posted at
10:53 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter