Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
Photobucket




Guess what? Noooo...Guess again! OK, I give! This is my 300th post! WOW!!! Can you believe that? I am in amazement! I don't think it could have come at a more exciting time either. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

As I have been thinking about Thanksgiving this year, I have been blown away by how much I have to be thankful for! God has poured the blessing all over my life and I take them for granted. It is so easy to find the things that annoy me and drive me bonkers rather than looking at all the blessings I have. Why is it so much easier to be negative? I am tired of being a negative. I am tired of reading all the negative blogs. I want to focus on the blessings that are too numerous to count! I know this isn't very original, but for my Thanksgiving post, I want to make a list of some of the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for:
  1. God and the salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ, that He has given me.
  2. my amazing, wonderful, funny, sweet husband.
  3. my first daughter who is talented, smart, and as funny as they come.
  4. my second daughter who couldn't be more shy but is the sweetest one in the world.
  5. my parents and brother who love and support me unconditionally.
  6. my extended family...grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and in-laws...who are so precious.
  7. my amazing friends who are always a phone call away.
  8. a roof over my head.
  9. the food on the table and in the fridge.
  10. reliable transportation.
  11. exercise and the stress relief it provides.
  12. the opportunity to serve God and help others.
  13. ice cream and magic shell.
  14. good books and warm blankets on a cold day.
  15. good movies and cuddles on a rainy day.
  16. the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, taste, and smell.
  17. the warm spring days after a long, cold winter.
  18. an education.
  19. a job that I love.
  20. the sound of my childrens laughter.
  21. long conversations with my husband.
  22. a mom who is becoming more of a friend every year.
  23. the doors that God opened allowing me to travel the world.
  24. the hard times that have made me stonger and wiser.
  25. the mistakes I made because I learned from them.
  26. a husband who cooks dinner because I don't enjoy it.
  27. a Dad who will always try to protect me, even though I am grown up now.
  28. butterfly kisses.
  29. God's Word that is my instruction book for life.
  30. warm chocolate chip cookies.
  31. Sunday afternoon naps.
  32. music.
  33. family evenings out.
  34. camp.
  35. camping on the beach in Korea.
  36. sleeping under the stars ANYWHERE.
  37. memories.
  38. photography and the memories it captures.
  39. love.
  40. the invention of the flat iron...frizzy hair be gone!
  41. pedicures when I can afford them.
  42. the imagination of children.
  43. cheerio kisses and sticky hugs.
  44. bed time stories and the cuddles that go with them.
  45. another day to live life to the fullest.
  46. hot showers after a hard workout.
  47. my church and Sunday school class.
  48. the Internet.
  49. contacts because glasses drive me bonkers and I can't see without them.
  50. gas prices lower than I thought we would ever see again.
  51. green tea.
  52. pizza night.
  53. vanilla candles.
  54. fresh linens.
  55. catching up with old friends.
  56. dishwashers.
  57. my iPod.
  58. Korean sticky rice.
  59. freedom.
  60. walking on the beach at night.
  61. LIFE!!!

There are SO many more things than this that I am thankful for. The list could go on for days! God has given me so many gifts...small and large. I want to remember those and be thankful for what I have rather than focusing on what I don't have or like.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!




  posted at 2:21 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

That's a great list! : )

Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter