Friday, November 10, 2006
100th post!!!

Can you believe it...I finally reached 100 posts! I can't believe I have had that much to talk about! Well, after reading quite a few blogs (I can't remember which ones for sure...sorry for not giving anyone a link here) I have learned that it is a blogging tradition to make your 100th post 100 things about me. It took me a while, but I finally came up with a list. So, here goes nothing!

100 Things about ME:

  1. My name is Michelle
  2. Everyone calls me Peanut
  3. I am 28 years old
  4. Before anything else, God is first in my life
  5. He is my Savior, Boss, and Best Friend
  6. I live to serve Him
  7. I graduated from Apopka High School in 1996
  8. Shortly after I moved to SC to go to school at North Greenville College (now University)
  9. 3 months after I got there, I met Clark
  10. We got married after my sophomore year (summer of 1998)
  11. One year later our daughter was born (summer 1999)
  12. I graduated in May of 2000 from NGC
  13. I have an AFA in Theater
  14. I also have a BA in Elementary Education
  15. After I graduated, we moved to my hometown in Florida where I taught Art at a private elementary school
  16. I am NOT an artist!
  17. 2 years later, God called us to be missionaries
  18. I wanted to go to Africa and we thought God was calling us to Japan
  19. He ended up sending us to Korea
  20. We lived in Yangsan Korea for almost 2 years
  21. Then we moved to Seogwipo, Korea on the island of Jeju and have been here for 2 years and 4 months
  22. Our second daughter was born here ON the island of Jeju
  23. Take a step back in time 30 to 35 years in America and you can imagine what it was like in a Jeju Hospital
  24. Since Clark and I got married we have never lived anywhere longer than 2 years and 4 months (Jeju is our record)
  25. We call ourselves God's tumbleweeds
  26. We are getting ready to move to MS
  27. I am sure we will only be there 2 years or so...LOL
  28. I love to read
  29. Christian fiction and mysteries are my favorite
  30. I have been SCUBA diving with my Dad since I was 16
  31. I recently talked my husband into getting certified and he is my new "Dive Buddy"
  32. There is nothing more exciting than sharing the underwater world with your best friend
  33. I have been caving (spelunking) since I was 17 years old
  34. I got my Dad hooked on it too
  35. Squeezes (small tunnels that you have to crawl or slide through on your belly) are my favorite parts of the caves but the formations are AWESOME too
  36. I also love climbing and rappelling with my Dad
  37. Can you tell I am a Daddy's girl?
  38. Hiking and camping are pretty great too
  39. Can you tell I am a Tom Boy
  40. I played softball in high school
  41. I was also on the bowling team
  42. I was also in choir all 4 years of high school
  43. In college I didn't play sports or sing
  44. I was very involved in the theater department
  45. I was on a traveling drama team called Act Two
  46. I was also president of the Student Alumni Counsel in College
  47. Can you tell I am a nerd?
  48. When I was a teacher, I was one of the Beta Club Sponsers
  49. I loved working with the middle school students
  50. I love taking pictures and dream of being a "photographer" one day
  51. I am hoping to take classes on photography when we move home
    I have a Cannon Digital Rebel
  52. I LOVE my computer
  53. I have a Dell XPS M140 that my parents gave me last year as a birthday present
  54. I am learning to us Paint Shop Pr to make graphics and animation
  55. I am addicted to digital scrap booking
  56. But I am WAY behind on the scrapping I need to do
  57. I really want to learn more about web design and html codes
  58. I am a homeschool mom
  59. We use Abeka Curric. but I am thinking about changing to Sonlight next year...any suggestions?
  60. My favorite land animal is a giraffe
  61. I fell in love with them at Kruger National Game park in South AfricaI have been to Africa 2 times
  62. In Africa I have been to South Africa, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe
  63. My first trip out of the US was to Dominica in the Leeward Islands in 1996
  64. Since living in Korea we have been able to travel some in Asia
  65. I have been to Thailand 3 times , China 1 time ,and the Philippines 2 times
  66. I still haven't made it to Japan, Hong Kong, or Mayalsia...but one day I want to
  67. I would LOVE to travel around Europe for a few weeks
  68. My husband and I would love to be contestants on the Amazing Race
  69. We also think it would be cool to compete AGAINST each other on Survivor
  70. However, we can't imagine leaving our girls that long, so we probably never will
  71. I hate to cook
  72. That is why I married a man who loves to
  73. yes my husband cooks almost every breakfast and dinner
  74. My favorite water animal is the manatee
  75. I fell in love with them in 6th grade when I saw one underwater for the first time
  76. I have adopted 3 manatees from Save the Manatee foundation
  77. My mom is my best friend (besides God and Clark)
  78. We talk about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING...I think it is pretty awesome
  79. I am an organizing neat freak just like she is (sorry mom, I couldn't resist)
  80. I can't stand for the house to be a mess
  81. I go on cleaning rampages often (at least every other day) and the whole family knows to stay out of my way until I am finished...LOL
  82. I am SO bad that people (including my husband) have been known to call me "Monica" from friends
  83. I became a Christian when I was in the 2nd grade
  84. I was baptized that same year
  85. I rededicated my life to a very personal relationship with my Lord the summer before 9th grade
  86. I accepted God's calling to full time missions on my life the summer after 10th grade
  87. I was a GA/Acteen Camp Counselor for 4 summers
  88. God taught me more and grew me more in those summers than any other time of my life
  89. After I got married, my husband and I went almost every summer to volunteer time helping out at camp.
  90. I LOVE being a friend
  91. I LOOVE being a daughter and sister
  92. I LOOOVE being a wife
  93. I LOOOOVE being a mother
  94. I LOOOOOVE being a follower of Christ
  95. I am a shy extrovert
  96. I like to be quiet at first and take in the people and situation to warm up
  97. After I warm up I can be very loud, talkative, outgoing, and am a loyal and dedicated friend for LIFE!
  98. God has blessed me with the most amazing family (both immediate and extended)
  99. God has also blessed me with wonderful friends
  100. I never knew how hard it was to think of 100 things about myself!

    WHEEWWW! I did it! That took more time than I thought it would. I hope you made it to the end without being completely bored out of your mind and if you are still reading you deserve a (((BIG HUG))) and :-* kiss!

    We now have just under a month left in Korea and I realize that I got side tracked a bit by all the packing in my Life in Korea series. So, I will be trying to get back to that. You can look forward to posts about Korean language, Korean food, transportation in Korea, Korean holidays, and much more fun Korea stuff! :-) If you have any questions about Korea or being a missionary I will be happy to do posts of answers to questions...just leave me a comment and let me know!

  posted at 1:00 AM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

Congrats on your 100th post!! It was so much fun reading about you. Of course, I think the BEST thing about you is your name! : )

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good evening very cool work that you are doing on this website. I will come back again when I have more time. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter