Monday, November 06, 2006
Annoyed Yet?
So, if I still have any readers now, are you annoyed of all the packing talk yet? If not, then read on, if so then I am sorry that is ALL I have to write about. It feels like my life revolves around packing! BUT, don't worry by this time tomorrow it will ALL be done! On Wednesday morning (your Tuesday night back in America) the man will come to give us an estimate of how much money it will cost to get all of our stuff back to America. Before he comes, I want to have everything packed and ready to go so that the Korean movers don't try to pack our stuff for us (last time we moved they did and it was not so good...lots of stuff broken...bad memories)!

So, on Sunday I ended up getting side tracked and worked on some of our piles of clutter than have grown as we packed and ran across items that we didn't know what we wanted to do with. I tackled 3 such piles before church and after church I went through all our CD's and DVD's. I organized them into cases that we can bring them in our carry ons and watch them on the portable DVD player. That was quite the undertaking...it seems our music and movie collection grew more than I realized in the last 4 years! I never got around to Clark's clothes.

Today I attacked the playroom with full force! I am ALMOST done! All that remains is the stuffed animals and a few puzzles and games! It was a 5 hour project to get where I am now! Let me tell you 6 grandparents equals more toys than we know what to do with! We are going to be giving a lot of toys to a family that we know who has 2 daughters here on the island. My sweet Bug was having a hard time saying good-bye to toys until I announced that they were going to the Kim girls. THEN she showed the biggest heart ever and started pulling out some toys that I KNOW she loves and saying that they might like them! It made me SO very proud to see her act so selfless! She is an amazing little 7 year old!

I got side tracked during Beans nap time when I decided to move our entire "to be crated pile" from the girls room to the empty storage porch/closet. Clark was up at the University teaching a Bible class, which meant I did this alone...not so smart with my recovering knee. When he came home and saw what I had done, I think he was ready to strangle me...LOL! What can I say, when I get an idea in my head, I am determined! I did have reason behind my move. Bean had been unpacking and climbing on the pile and it wasn't safe or productive, so I figured if it was out of sight it would be out of mind! :-)

After the pile was moved, I caught up on doing laundry and tackled one more clutter pile AND finished packing our bathroom and part of the shoe closet! When Clark came home he had to spend 2 hours taking trips out to the garbage shed and recycling shed! I had FILLED our laundry porch with BAGS of trash and recycling. He is such a trouper and got the porch ALL cleaned again!

Tomorrow morning, Clark and I will sit down and do his clothes first. Then we will finish up the playroom and the shoe closet. To end the day we will get Clark's collection of Starbucks Mugs out of the kitchen and double check every corner, closet and drawer to make sure we are DONE! I can't wait to be finished with it. We will have about 2 weeks left on the island and Bug and I will homeschool during this time while Clark continues to meet with the University students. We are also planning some special time to see our favorite sights of Jeju one last time! I will be sure to post pictures of all our adventures as they come!

  posted at 5:18 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter