Sunday, November 19, 2006
Closing Doors
Well, tomorrow is our last full day on the island. It is hard to believe that we have less than 48 hours left on Jeju...our home for the past 2 years and 4 months...the longest Clark and I have ever lived somewhere together! Tomorrow will be spent in a whirl wind of last minute activity. The internet and telephone have to be shut off, cable has to be turned off, doctor records have to be picked up, the van has to be serviced, the apartment needs one final cleaning, there is that last load of laundry waiting...so much to do...yet it is our last day.

Today was our last Sunday on Jeju. We spent the morning taking care of some stuff around the apartment while Bug went to a friends house. Then we had family worship one last time at Cinnabun and ate dinner at the Herb Burger shop...YUM! It was a great afternoon/evening out...one we have done many times. But, as we left and shut the door to Cinnabun it was as if we weren't just closing the door to Cinnabun, we were closing the door to this phase of our life. I will admit that for the first time, tears began to flow as it finally hit me...we are leaving our home in Jeju. We are leaving Korea and we don't know when we will come back. God has changed us, grown us, and made us into a family after HIS heart in this country!

Cinnabun is a very special place for our family. The first week we were in Jeju we found it and I remember sitting and talking to Clark dreaming of the possibilities for the ministry! Looking forward to what God was going to do! I remember meeting the first person open to church planting and our ministry while sitting at a table in Cinnabun! I remember going to Cinnabun to celebrate reaching the second trimester of the pregnancy with Bean! We were SO excited to be over that hurdle! I remember sitting in Cinnabun 3 days before my due date having contractions every 10 to 15 minutes...trying to concentrate on family worship but not able to because I knew Bean would be there SOON! I remember taking my Mom and Stepdad to Cinnabun when Bean was only 2 weeks old! I remember taking my Dad to Cinnabun when Bean was only 6 weeks old! I remember going to Cinnabun a year later when my Dad was here again to celebrate Bug's baptism! I remember having our last team worship and prayer time at Cinnabun. Cinnabun is or rather was a place of refuge for our family. A taste of our old home surrounded by smiling faces from our new home! It was a place where we could come and sit, talk, laugh, cry, study, worship, visit and enjoy some good food! I know the face of each waitress and waiter! So, as I bowed and said good-bye to the sweet waitresses and closed the door for the last time, the tears flowed!

This door in our life is closing and God has another door standing open waiting for us to walk through! Why is it that it is so hard to walk out of a door and into a new one! I know that God has gone ahead of me and I know that He has a plan for me and my family, but I can't help but want just one more day to see all of the faces of Jeju and visit all of the special places one more time...but I don't, I have one more day to tie up all the loose ends. I know I must go and I leave with a prayer in my heart that God would take our Jeju Family and draw them close to Him!

Good-bye Jeju, the door is closed, but I will always remember you and pray that one day God would open up the door for me to come to visit.

  posted at 9:14 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter