Thursday, November 16, 2006
Day 3: Still Going Strong
OK, I know this is going to get as old as the packing posts, but I need it to stay motivated. If I know I am putting it out here, I HAVE to exercise. This morning I woke up stiff and sore...you know that sore muscle feeling...FUN! I didn't want to work out, but last night I had laid out my workout clothes and they were sitting there daring me to get moving. My plan worked and I got moving. I did the same routine as Wednesday but added a few reps of everything...here are my totals: 60 Full Body Crunches, 250 Hindu Squats, 30 Hindu Pushups (still my weakest, but I was much stronger and had better form today than Wednesday), 60 butt raisers, and 4 minutes of bridges. I am really sore and feeling as the saying goes: "no pain, no gain" so I push forward. The good news is after 3 days I feel strength and endurance coming back quickly and I can already see myself toning up. YAY...that makes it ALL worth while.

Now, on to our refrigerator saga. We called our office in Seoul yesterday and the decided to go ahead and get it fixed. Our company has only had our apartment 2 1/2 years and they have to own it for 3 years before they can sell it with minimum taxes. Actually, someone has to LIVE in it for 3 yeras, not just own it. The requires our apartment to look like someone is living here, so the company has to keep it completely furnished. Therefore, they want everything to work so that it can be used if need be. All that to say, the definitely wanted to fix our fridge.

The repair man was supposed to come today, but at 5:30 yesterday afternoon the phone rang and all I understood was Daewoo (the brand of our refrigerator) and Chee Gum (now). I assumed he was on his way and sure enough 15 minutes later the door bell rang. He was here for 15 mintues and found a piston (who knew my refigerator had a piston) was busted. He told me he would be back in 20 minutes and went back to his shop. Once he got back it took another 15 minute or so and we heard that wonderful sound of the fridge fan running! YAY!! I immediately sent Clark out to stock back up on what we would need to make it for the next 4 days! It is VERY nice to have the fridge back!

On another side note, we got our very last box from home yesterday! Mommom sent us 2 boxes full of yummy goodies to cook up for the Thanksgiving party in Seoul. She also sent us a new portable DVD player. After 2 years of daily use, ours finally bit the dust and we wanted a new one for all the traveling we will be doing in the next few months. Of course there were a few of the girls favorite snacks from America as well. We are sure going to miss our boxes...they always make it feel like Christmas or a Birthday. The excitment of seeing what goodies come in a box have been one of our favorites for the past 4 years.

Could this post have been more random? I am going to end it here and go get moving on my to do list for the day! I promise that post of funny Korea stories is coming soon...yesterday ended up being pretty busy and I didn't get back to the computer to post it! So, once again...stay tuned! :-)

  posted at 7:40 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter