Sunday, November 19, 2006
Well...we get one more day!
Oh, the Mason luck has struck again! A dear Korean friend of ours, Yo Han, decided to take the ferry with us tomorrow so that we could get 5 more hours together...isn't that precious! He called the ferry station and asked for a reservation on the 9:30 am ferry to Mokpo and he was informed that there was NO 9:30 ferry from Jeju to Mokpo and in fact, there are no morning ferries this week at all!!! Well, we were planning on arriving tomorrow morning at 9:30 to get on this imaginary ferry that our office in Seoul told us we had reservations on.

To the phone I went and I called Seoul. Our secretary answered and when I asked her why the ferry station was saying no ferry she said "OHHH, I made you reservations from Mokpo to Jeju! You want Jeju to Mokpo?" My answer..."Well ummmm...we are on Jeju and we want to get to Mokpo, so we would really like to be on a ferry going from Jeju to Mokpo!" Her answer, "Oh, I didn't realize that!" I love our secretary, she is sweet and has helped us SO many times over the past 4 years...but WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???? I am sorry, I am not trying to sound mean, I'm really not, but I just don't understand. We live on Jeju....we are preparing to leave Jeju...we are going to Seoul...why would we want a boat reservation from a city on mainland back to the island we are trying to leave????

SO, she got on the phone and found out that boat inspections are taking place every morning this week and no morning ferries are taking off. SO, we are on a 5:30 pm ferry tomorrow! We get an extra 8 hours on Jeju. Tomorrow morning we will take our time getting ready, take the van over to the other side of the island and enjoy a few of our favorite places on the island one last time before boarding the ferry. We will end up spending the night in Mokpo since we won't arrive until 10 pm or so and then make the drive into Seoul Wednesday morning.

This afternoon we are going to Bug's ballet school one last time to say good-bye to all her ballet buddies. Pray for those good-byes, they will be hard. Pray also for our travel mercies as we will be on the ocean at night and it is sure to be cold and not so much fun! Pray for us as we make the 5 hour drive into Seoul on Wednesday! We covet your prayers at this time!

Well, off to take care of a few more last minute things

***EDITED TO SAY***

I came back and realized that my answers sounded really sarcastic to our secretary and I sounded really mad. I want to assure you, I was very nice to her and we joked about it. I love SooHee and she knows it! I am not mad at her at all...just confused! Also, I really am thankful for more time on the island...read my blog from yesterday and I said I was longing for just one more day to see the island. However, I must admit that I am stressed having to make new reservations, change our plans, and all at the last minute. I am also dreading a night ferry with the girls, I know it is going to be cold and not fun! BUT, I know that God is in control and He has a reason for it! So, I am thankful to be in His hands and uner His plans! We will make the best of it and enjoy tomorrow!

Good news too...Clark just called and the heat is working in our van!! No long drive without heat...WOOHOOO!!!

  posted at 10:42 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter