Tuesday, June 05, 2007
A New Challenge!
Ok, ok...I realize that I have been blogging a lot more than usual recently...I guess there has just been a lot going on and a lot on my mind.

Well, today my wonderful husband and I were talking and decided to take on a new challenge. We won't accomplish it for a few years because it is EXPENSIVE, but we are going to begin to prepare for it. Many of you who have read my blog for a while know that physical training has been a new found love of mine (well, not so new now...it has been growing for a few years). Since we got home and got some real kettlebells, we have stepped things up a notch (Clark more than me unfortunately). For over a year now we have been looking at the RKC instructors certification and said it would be cool to do one day. But today we decided that it is something we want to begin training for. We are in it together, training together and in a few years have enough money saved to be able to complete the certification weekend together! It is going to be tough and we have a lot of work to do, but it will all be worth it to be able to say we did this together. If you are curious about what I am talking about here is the link: RKCInstructorsCertification

It is funny that we decided to do this today and then when we got home from church I opened up a magazine (the newest issue of HomeLife) I had picked up and found an article about couples who train together. Statistics show that when couples train together and make a healthy lifestyle a priority together they are more likely to stick together AND it gives them something else to draw them together. God is so good in always giving us confirmation for what we feel lead to do!

I know that physical training is not for everyone. But, the article went on to talk about couples finding activities like that to do. So, I am posing a challenge to you (any of my married readers)...find somethings...a challenge, a hobby, an activity that you and your spouse can do together regularly and make a goal together in that area. If you already have a activity, set a new goal for it to reach together. If you take my challenge, share with me what you and your spouse are going to do and keep me updated on how it goes. :-)

In the future we think it would be awesome to do a marathon together (if my knee's could take it). We are also wanting to start taking more family bike rides through the nice path in town. There are so many things out there that we want to do! I can't wait to hear your ideas.

  posted at 6:42 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter