Saturday, June 02, 2007
Poor Boo Baby
Poor Boo Baby can't seem to catch a break in the past few weeks. We are now 14 full days past her dental surgery. Last Monday my munchkin climbed on the back of the couch like she always does to turn on the living room light. Unfortunately when we were moving some stuff from the car to the house the couch got bumped. Because of this she had to reach for the light switch and ended up taking a NASTY fall off the side of the couch (and she was on the very top). We kept her awake for a while watching her eyes to make sure they didn't dialate and put ice on her head. It was scary and pitiful! Blessings were flowing as she didn't have any thing wrong with her...just a scare!

Then on Thursday we had the whole "nurse maids elbow" and an emergency trip to the doctors office. Once again, we were blessed when her arm worked itself back into place. She took some tylenol at home and was back to normal by the next morning. Our poor baby seems to be an accident waiting to happen but God has been SO good to continue to keep His hand on her.

This morning at 5:45 Cali started calling me from her room. I climbed in bed to cuddle with her and make sure everything was ok. As I did I was SHOCKED to feel how hot she was. Her feet were burning up and her close were moist from sweat. I immediately called Clark to bring me tylenol and the thermometer. I took her temp. and was relieved that it was only 101.2...she felt warmer than that! I gave her some tylenol, rubbed her head with a cool cloth and cuddled until she fell back to sleep. After she fell asleep, I noticed her top lip is very swollen too. We were terrified that it was because of an infection with one of the teeth the dentist worked on. She was on antibiotics for 10 days and have only been off of them for 4 days. She went back to sleep and the tylenol began to work and her temp. came back to normal. She went on to sleep until 8:30. When she woke up she was her normal self and the swelling was down. WHEW!! We went ahead and called the dentist (he is SOO awesome, he gave us his cell number) and he reassured us that it sounded like she has a viral infection and not something to do with her teeth. He told us what to look for in her teeth and when we looked he was sure they were ok. We still don't know why her lip was swollen, but since it is down we are counting it is a blessing. Around 10:00 she started to get fussy and after a temp. check we realized it was going back up. After some more tylenol and a short nap our Cali Boo is back. Hopefully whatever it is she is fighting off will loose and she will be back to normal soon!

My Poor Boo Baby!

  posted at 5:21 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter