Saturday, June 02, 2007
A Time for Everything
"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a times to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a times to tear and at ime to mend,

a times to be silent and a time to speak,

a times to love and a time to hate,

a times for war and a times for peace

What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in His time."

Ecclesiatstes 3:1-11 NIV

God is so good. I have had a lot of stuff on my heart recently. A lot of personal stuff that isn't necessarily needed to be made public knowledge. A lot of things that God has been dealing with me about. There were things I wanted to search for, mend and keep but God has given me a peace about letting go of them and giving up. God has a plan for everyone and if we seek Him, He will show us what "time" it is now. So, tody I mourn weep for those things lost but I know that I will laugh and dance again! As much as I want to speak now, God has revealed to me that this is my time to be silent. I have been going through a time of uprooting and now it is time to plant again! I have refrained from embracing many things while trying my hardest to embrace those who do not want to be embraced. I now know where and whom to embrace and where and whom to refrain from. For this "time" in my life God has given me these verses to live by. I am claiming them as my verses for this season of life. I am asking God to show me what "time" it is in each situation that has been stressing me out and causing me to worry and have heartache over. As I ponder over these verses, I know that God has opened my eyes and for the first time in a long time I see my season of dancing and laughing in sight!

  posted at 5:22 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Very good post! I have been mulling over this same passage in the last few weeks....:-) A great reminder about seasons of life and God's timing in everything.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle I will be praying for you. I feel God taking me through a season of growth and sometimes I dont't like all the stretching, pulling, testing, learning,etc I am going through. I know God has bigger plans for me but I need to go through this season before I am ready for more. It can be hard at times to be patient and learn and grow with the Lord, and be still but I know you will see many blessings from this season.

I am going through my bible right now writing down on blank file recipe cards different scriptures and putting them in an album(one I just picked up from the dollar store-will need to pick up some more) and I am growing so much from this. I know when I am done it will be a big accomplishment knowing I have gone through the whole bible and will have written scriptures that I will be able to use. It will take me probably months and months to complete but something I will treasure forever.

God is really showing me to trust Him for healing, something I really struggle with. I know He heals but I have some unbelief God is working on with me. I really have to fully rely on God right now though with Kelsey and I know God will take me through this season and I will grow so much.

Anyways just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and praying for you. I pray for many blessings for you and your sweet family. (((hugs))) Keri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter