Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Top Ten
Top Ten
Current mood: sad


Today I find myself missing our second home, Jeju! I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but it is the single place that Clark and I have lived the longest since we have been married! We lived there 2 years and 4 months...a new record for us! Cali was born there! Melisa grew from a "baby" to a big girl there. We gained a "family" there of fellow missionaries and locals! It became home and it has been a lot harder to leave it than we ever imagined. There are days that we miss it dearly!

Anyway, in honor of Jeju, I thought I would do a "Top Ten" list for you! So, here are the top ten things I miss about Jeju!

10. The matching honeymooners!

9. The middle schoolers on field trips...HEEEELOOO!

8. Cherry Blossoms and all the other flowers in bloom

7. Exercise Parks and the grandma's and grandpa's working out

6. A little beach with the umbrella's (you know the length of a city block with 200 umbrellas).

5. Picnics at the backsand beach

4. The fresh smell of dried squid at the movie theater...YUM (I really do miss it believe it or not, even if I never ate it).

3. Decorated/customized stone grandpa's

2. OOOLD women in wetsuits....those precious Henya

1. Our "Mission Family" and Korean Friends!



There are a LOT more things I miss about Jeju that just couldn't make it on the top ten list. I miss our BIG DADDY COOL (our van) and the full service gas stations that give out tissues as service. I miss our 3 level E-Marts! I miss Melisa's ballet class! I miss Twegi Galbi and Bulgogi! I miss Kimchee!!! I miss our second home! I know it will ALWAYS have a place in my heart that will never be filled by another!

  posted at 6:42 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Hamlines in Korea said...

Jeju misses you, too! The Hamlines especially miss you. Meetings, parties, etc. are not the same. Oh, for the fellowship and laughter...

Helaine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter