Thursday, October 11, 2007
Adventures in Playdough Making
A few nights ago we spoke at a WMU event about our time in Korea. Well, one of the booths set up had some home-made playdough and a recipe sheet. Well, my girls flipped out over it and have been begging me to make some with them.

We did our weekly shopping Sunday after church and while we were doing that I picked up everything we needed to make some playdough. After we got home and unloadedd the car and put up the groceries the fun began!

For those who are interested here is the recipe we used:

2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
2 cups of water
2 tbsp of cream of tarter
1 tbsp of oil

You mix all ingredients together and then cook on the stove top on low heat. You stir constantly until it is peeling away from the sides of the pot and is playdough cosistancy.

Take out and let cool then kneed it to make sure there are no lumps.

I can usually get 5 good size lumps of playdough out of it that I put in baggies. Then I use either pepperment, vanilla, or pumpkin spice to give it a good scent. Then I use food coloring to give desired color. Work on wax paper and wear laytex gloves to keep it from sticking and dying your hands. If you keep it sealed in baggies it will last for quite a while!

We made 2 batches so each girl got 5 baggies of playdough. We made Red (kind of pink), blue, orange, purple and green. Cali hasn't stopped playing with it today.

I hope some of you use the recipe and have some fun with your kids. I will leave you with pictures now that show all the fun we had! :-)



















  posted at 7:43 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter