Thursday, October 11, 2007
A Friday Night with Rock Johnson and Shiny Shoes!
Here is another one I posted over on cafemom but never got over here...sorry about that. I wrote this last Friday night.

Today was crazy insane. I feel like I have been running behind all week long. The house was suffering (yeah, dust bunnies have been building in power and number again), we weren't finishing school before I had to be at work, we had 2 extra speaking engagements, and I was sure short in the patience department. So, this morning I woke up with determination. I logged on and only let myself glance at myspace and cafemom to check my new messages. I fought the urge to browse all my friends pages, lol! I got Melisa started in school and then got a good amount of University work done on the computer (without checking in on myspace or cafemom while doing so...it was a big accomplishment)! Then we had lunch, I did a little teaching, AND I attacked the house. I gained some ground so I can at least say it will be a fair fight tomorrow when I do a good Saturday cleaning! After I had the house looking passable again, I finished teaching Melisa so that all we have to do tomorrow (yes some school on Saturday) is science. Then, it was off to work at Curves. Our new fall hours let us off an hour earlier on Friday...yay! So, I was out the door by 6:30. I got about 30 seconds down the road on my bike and sure enough the sky opened up and down came the rain. Not a sweet refreshing drizzle either...we are talking buckets and bucket of rain. Of course today was the day I never put my contacts in, so you should see me riding on my bike trying to wipe my glasses off with my t-shirt that I could have rung out. Oh, I am sure I was entertainment for all the cars that passed me. When I got home I literally left a puddle by the front door!

Clark pulled in about 5 minutes after I got home and we quickly got changed and loaded up in the car for a family night out. As we were getting on our shoes, Cali INSISTED that she wear her Sunday (black patten leather shoes). Tired and worn out, I figured, what could it hurt. So we headed out with Cali in jeans, a t-shirt, and SHINY black shoes that she had to show EVERYONE! We went and ate dinner at our favorite Mexican place...yum! The chips and salsa is the best around...the burritos are even better! OK...enough reliving dinner, lol!

After dinner, we headed to the movies. We were almost there when Clark realizes he can't find the cell phone. SO, we drive all the way back across town to the restaurant and as Clark gets out of the car to run in and see if someone turned in the phone, he realizes it is in his front pocket rather than his back pocket like normal...OOPS! So, back across town to the movies we go. We were going to see "Game Plan" but our cute little 8 year old would not accept that "Game Plan" was the name of the movie. She kept yelling "I can't wait to see Rock Johnson!" We must have told her it was either "The Rock" or "Dwayne the Rock Johnson" but she INSISTED that it was Rock Johnson. She sounded like a Flintstones Cartoon Character chanting to see the new pop star Rock Johnson, lol!

We finally got in...after 100 or so mentions of Rock Johnson. We got some popcorn and settled into our seats. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to! It is GREAT! We laughed SO hard I was literally in tears. It is a movie good for the whole family. Cali, Melisa, Clark and I all laughed at it and loved it. There are some great one-liners that will be quoted in our family for years to come! Yes, we are a very dramatic family and between the 4 of us, (well 3 really...Cali has joined in yet, except laughing at us) we can quote almost all of the movie from beginning to end!

We didn't get home until midnight and Cali was sacked out in my lap long before the movie was over. But it really was a great night. All the stress and frustration of the week seemed to melt away with just a night out with my family. The dust bunnies even seemed to loose some of their size while we were gone! It is amazing how stepping out for a Friday night with Rock Johnson and Shiny Shoes will remind us of what is really important! I love my husband and I love my girls. The mess will still be there tomorrow to clean, we made memories tonight!

  posted at 7:40 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 6:45 AM, Blogger The Garner 5 said...

This reminds me of the time a barely 3 year old Caroline wrote her name all over the hardwood floor of our bedroom one evening when I had to work late. Needless to say, we have to get a rug to cover it, b/c sharpie doesn't come up off hardwood floors. When I told some other teacher friends at school about it the next day, the main question was "She can already write her name?" :0) Anyway, I know just how you feel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter