Sunday, January 18, 2009
Another Month Gone By
I was doing so good. I had gotten back in the swing of blogging and then Christmas happened. After Christmas came the computer crash of 08/09. They heating element in the dryer went out next. Then the girls and I were off to school for the first time in YEARS! But, I am back now! I have lots of pictures to share from the past month. I have plenty of stories to share as well. :-) I won't even get started on everything that is to come in the next few months.

We had a great Christmas. Santa brought the girls two hampsters. So, if you here me talking about Lily and Tasha they aren't two new children we've added to the family (I don't think I have that much strength). Christmas may have been a bit smaller than usual, but I don't think the girls noticed one bit.

Unfotunately, the desktop computer caught a nasty virus. My laptop hasn't liked the internet connection at the house since we moved so for two weeks I had no access to the internet. We finally got the desktop back last week AND while we were a it, we had a guy come out and install a new wireless router. SOOOO...not only am I back, but I am back on my laptop AND wireless again! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!! There is NO stopping me!

You know the old saying right? When it rains it pours. As if the computer crash wasn't enough, the heating element in the dryer went out too. World-O-Suds has been my new hangout. Instead of doing laundry a load a day like usual, we have had to wait and wash ALL the laundry at the house one day a week and then take it all down and dry it at the laundrymat. It is amazing how spoiled we get from simply HAVING a washer and dryer of our own!

While dealing with everything decided to break down, the girls and I headed back to school full time. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have been homeschooling Melisa since she was 4. She started "real" school for the first time on Jan. 5th. She absolutely LOVES it. Her teacher and I sat down after the first week and she told me that if you didn't know any better you would have thought Melisa had been there the whole year. Out of her first 13 tests and quizes she has made all A's and B's. I couldn't be more proud of her.

Cali is doing well too. She was painfully shy her first few days, but she is coming out of her shell more and more every day. She really only had 2 rough times in the day. She hated being dropped off in the morning and she really didn't care for nap time. It took four days before I left her in the class without tears. By the 5th day she was finally tear free. On the first day of school it took her teacher 3 warnings before she laid down and went to sleep. On day two she went right to sleep. Now that we are two weeks in, she doesn't even blink an eye when I leave her. :-)

I am enjoying my classses as well. I am enjoying the content and learning along with the students at times. I really enjoy the children. Middle School is a fun age to teach. They can be challenging, but well worth the challenge. I really didn't realize how much I have missed being in a classroom and working with other teachers. Now, my prayer is that there will be an opening next school year so we can continue on this track.

That's where we are and the short story of where we have been for the past month. I have missed all of you out in bloggy land and am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things! Until next time....

  posted at 2:51 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter