Friday, July 10, 2009
I Just Want to See Your Face
I don't know if this happens at your house, but every night I kiss my children goodnight and tuck them into their own beds and head to finish up my chores for the night. I usually go check on them before I go to sleep to make sure they are still covered up and sleeping soundly. I lay down in my own bed and doze off. By the time I wake up there are a pair of little feet in my side or a small arm across my face. Some times there are four feet poking me in various (and uncomfortable) places. There is ALWAYS a child in my bed by the time I wake up. I usually leave them there to snooze a bit longer while I start my morning routine.

A few mornings ago I did just that. I left Cali asleep in my bed while I proceeded with my morning routine. I finally got around to my shower when I heard her crying as she walked into the bathroom. I asked her what was wrong. She proceeded to tell me that she had a bad dream. It was really scary and she just needed to see my face so that she knew everything was ok. I leaned out of the shower curtain and she walked up and put those sweet little four year old hands on my cheeks and said "Thank you, Mommy. I'm ok now." She gave me a kiss and then laid down in the bathroom floor (don't worry I had just cleaned the day before). I asked her what she was doing and she said she just needed to be near me.

As I finished taking my shower I realized how much my relationship with my girls reminds me of our relationship with Christ. How many times do we have a rough day and don't think we can go on? How many times do we get bad news that we just don't think we can handle? We feel helpless. We feel hopeless. We are scared and alone. But we don't realize that we are just longing to see our Heavenly Father's face. We want to wrap our hands around his face to reassure ourselves that He is really there. We want to sit down at his feet and rest. He is our safe haven. He is the place we run to when we are scared to death.

Cali showed me a picture of myself that morning. For the first time in a long time I realized that it was ok if I didn't feel in control. It was ok if I felt helpless. When I am weak that is when the Lord wants to be strong. There is no shame in admitting that I can't do it and I need my Daddy! :-) God is so good! I am so thankful that he continues to use my children to teach me about His great love for me!

  posted at 8:44 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Blessed2Serve said...

How insightful and encouraging. Yup... Papa is very, very good. I love Him so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter