Friday, July 10, 2009
Summer Time Happenings
I can't believe that I haven't posted a single thing since FEBRUARY! WOW!!!!! I really did go MIA this time didn't I? Sorry about that guys! I would like to promise that I am back and won't go MIA again, but you know, I just can't.

When I left you hanging last time I had gone back to teaching. I was teaching middle school Language Arts full time. My girls had gone back to school full time and life was settling into a new routine.

Guess what??? Nothing is the same now, imagine that! I only had a 5 month contract to fill in for a maternity leave. That maternity leave was up at the end of the school year and so was my contract. I have spent the summer applying to every opening that I could find hoping God would lead me to the right one. I am happy to say that my patience has paid off. I am preparing to teach 5th - 8th grade math and science at a local school. It is only part time, but I couldn't be more excited. I will be teaching homeschooled children two days a week and plan out the rest of their week. Their parents will take the plans and teach their kids the rest of the material at home the other three days of the week. I may even get the chance to do some drama with them. :-P This also means that I get to go back to one of my great loves...homeschooling my children. Melisa will go to school 2 days a week and then be home with me the other two days. I am so excited about what the next school year holds. :-)

In the mean time I am not bored. God called us to move to Kissimmee for the summer to be house parents for all of GOBA summer missionaries. We have 18 extra "kids" for the summer. Clark and I wear MANY different hats but when we come down to the bottom line, we are just mom and dad for the summer. It is a true blessing to have a front row seat to see how God is using these amazing students for the summer. It is also wonderful to know that these are the teenage roll models in my children's lives.

Melisa FINALLY made the competition team at her gymnastics center, so that is taking up the rest of my free time. It takes at least an hour to drive to the gym and she has training 3 days a week. Needless to say, the gym feels like our home away from home. It looks like we may even move to 4 days a week in the fall. It is a BIG commitment, but I couldn't be more proud of my Misa Bug!

Cali is along for the ride! She is laid back and easy going...but at the same time she is coming into her own, lol! Yes, that is a nice way of saying that she has her days where she can be quite the handful. She is my little shadow and just goes along with the flow most days. She is following in her sisters footsteps by loving gymnastics and the water. I can't keep her out of the pool this summer. She is even starting to swim on her own some. :-P Unfortunately we may be dealing with the onset of asthma this summer. She has developed quite the cough that we just can't seem to shake. We went to the doctor this week and he said it may just be an allergic reaction acting like asthma, but if she continues to have flair-ups we are going to have to go in to see if she has asthma and needs breathing treatments. Poor baby! Like I said, she has been a trouper this summer.

Clark is still working full time as an EMT and volunteering with the Apopka Fire Department. We have heard of a few departments in the area hiring, so we have his application in and are still playing the waiting game. We know that God has a perfect department for him to serve in and we are waiting for that door to open. God is so good and we know it will come at just the right time.

Soooo...there you have it. A 4 to 5 month update in a few paragraphs. I have a few funnies from this summer that I will be posting in a bit, so come back to read...the girls have pulled some great ones recently!

  posted at 8:23 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter