Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Insecurities
This nasty cold still has me down and out from getting back to my workouts. I have tried but even a sprint or a handful of burpees sends me into a coughing fit. SOOO...I have had a little extra time to spend in God's word. I think that is a good thing because there is no better place to start a new journey.

God lead me to a new book tonight. It is a Beth Moore book on overcoming Insecurities. WOW! I don't think I have had God slap me in the face with something like this for a LONG time! Why is it that we as women feel the needs to find our "worth" in others around us? If we turn the TV on for 5 minutes we will find something to make us feel less than adequate. If we go to the mall or even grocery store we will find at lease one other woman to compare ourselves to (and we never measure up in our own eyes). One of the worst things we do is turn to our husbands to build us up. Yes, that is part of what God has called them to do...but when we put ALL of our value in our husbands we are setting ourselves up for failure because they are human just like we are!

We are NEVER going to live up to the image that we "see" around us. If we continue to look at ourselves with "worldly eyes" we are doomed to a life of never being able to measure up. I don't know about you, but that is NOT how I want to spend the rest of my life. It isn't even how I want to spend the rest of this year.

The question I then pose is how do we get out of this mind set. How do we turn off our "worldly vision" and start looking at ourselves with the eyes of the Lord? I know that I am sinful. I k now that I will never be perfect. I know that my salvation comes in HIM alone. However, that could again leaving me feeling insecure and inadequate. But then I remember God's word..."I am fearfully and wonderfully made!" WOW!!! God made me. He knit me together in my mother's womb. He knew I wasn't going to live a perfect sinless life. He knew I was going to mess up. That doesn't stop the fact that HE made me. He created me. The only being in the Universe who is perfect created me. He knit me together. He knew what I was going to look like. He gave me my talents. He created me. If HE created me, then why would I look anywhere besides HIM for my self worth? Why would I try to compare myself to any other creation He made or find my worth in another one of God's creation. Baby, I am going straight to THE MAN Himself for my worth!

Now don't get me wrong...this is not going to be easy to do every day for the rest of my life. There are going to be days where the world bombards me with the "perfect." I am going to start to feel small, insignificant, unimportant, and so much more. The difference is I now KNOW what I am doing. I am finding my worth in the world rather than the Lord. It will be easier to get myself back into a reality check.

What about you? Where do you find your worth? Are you battling insecurities? What are you going to do about it?

I don't think this will be my last post on this subject. I have a feeling many more will come as I read this book. I hope and pray that God will open my eyes (and maybe yours) as I go through this book. I pray that I will find a way to see myself as HE sees me and not as I see myself with "worldly" eyes.

  posted at 8:49 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I have still been checking in once in awhile to see if there's an update! I'll check in more often - and even comment once in awhile - if you keep blogging. Sometime I might actually update my blog, too . . . easier said than done. Anyhow, know that regardless, I miss you and I'm praying for you! Love you, girl! Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter