Tuesday, September 19, 2006
The Face of Jeju
To start off my posts on life in Korea, I couldn't think of a better way than to start than to post WHY I am here. I am here because of the people. I am here because there are many who do not know the truth! I am here because my Savior sent me here so that ALL may know Him!

When we first moved to Korea, we lived in a city called Yangsan. It was located right outside the second largest city of Korea, Pusan. We lived there and worked with young families for 2 years. A huge part of my heart is still in Yangsan and will always be there. I consider Yangsan my Korean home. I don't think I could ever feel as comfortable in a city as I did in that city. Some of my best friends are there and if God opened the door an called me back I wouldn't hesitate to go.

However, 2 years ago, he opened up the door to come to Jeju. A small island off the coast of Korea. We left Yangsan with many tears and the promise of many visits, phone calls and e-mails. When we arrived on Jeju I immediately felt a difference. Jeju is Satan's stronghold on Korea. It is the only place left in Korea with only 2 to 5 percent of the population believers in Jesus. Many here have never even heard the name of Jesus. It is so different from the mainland. We are now working with Blue Collar Workers and they too have developed a home in my heart. When you see their faces you will understand why.

A few weeks ago we had a volunteer come and photograph the island. Ruth did an amazing job capturing the people of Jeju. So, without further ramblings from me here is the reason we are here, the face of Jeju:


***click on the pictures to make them larger***





  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  




  

  

  posted at 6:20 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post actually brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my arms.

God has a heart for the nations . . . Thank you for sharing how he has also placed that heart for the nations in you. I never tire of listening to missionaries talk about "their people." It is amazing how many times God opens our hearts to a specific people group. What a great God!!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

Amazing pictures!! I can see just by looking at the pictures, why these people have your heart. Thanks so much Michelle for sharing. I am looking forward to reading more about your life in Korea and seeing more pictures. Thank you for what you have been doing and are doing for the Lord. I am praying for you. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter