Friday, September 15, 2006
Green Tea, Sweatshirts, and Other Ramblings
Yah know, it has been one of those weeks where I just haven't had much to say. But, I figured I ought to post something this week. SO...here it goes...I am just going to ramble my way through it. :-)

Fall is truly in the air now. For the past 2 to 3 weeks it went from unbearably hot with every fan in the apartment running to what it is today. There is a nice crisp coolness to the air that is announcing the arrival of fall! This week I started my favorite fall and winter tradition. My morning cup of green tea. I am not a coffee drinker. My husband is and I love the smell of it but just can't get past the taste. I am also not a big fan of hot chocolate...I know, I know...something is wrong with me. However, 4 years ago when we moved to Korea, I fell in love with green tea. There is something special about holding that warm mug in my hands while sitting under my favorite blanket and reading God's word. I can feel the warmth run through me with each sip. It is the only time the whole house is quiet. I watch as the sun comes up out the window. I take in the message God has for me to guide me through another day. I slowly sip the delicious warm tea. It is my favorite time of the day!

Today I also remembered another favorite of fall and winter...sweat shirts! As I sat in the school room teaching my sweet girl how to find half of a number I got chills and they just didn't go away. So, for the first time of the season, I went up to the top of my closet and pulled out my favorite sweat shirt. The soft warmth of a sweat shirt is great! I just love being comfortable and you can't get more comfortable than these! Summer is by far my favorite season, but it is so refreshing to feel the cool breeze and then get to bundle up! Welcome Fall!

Unfortunately fall also brings in sinus problems for me! YUCK! I have woken up every morning this week with a sinus headache. Maybe that is why I haven't been able to think of anything to write! Tylenol Sinus is once again my best friend throughout fall. Again I say, WELCOME FALL!

We had a volunteer come from the States this week along with 2 of our missionaries from Seoul. It was a special time to sit and visit with them. The volunteer is actually a professional photographer! If you are in SC and looking for a photographer go to www.rackleyphotography.com (she does a great job). She left us with a CD FULL of pictures! I have been having the best time looking at them. I am still looking through them all but hope to do a post of Korean Faces that she took soon. They are SO beautiful, she captured so much in each face. I watched her take pictures and listened to her talk. From listening to her, I am finally getting the nerve up to take my camera off the "dumb" mode and start playing with the settings and see what I can do! I know I will make lots of mistakes, but I am looking forward to trying new things...I know it is the only way I will improve!

Well, I guess that is it for today. Could this post be more random? Yeah, probably, but that is ok. I will end for now. Hopefully I will get back on here before another week passes!

  posted at 1:44 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 1:23 AM, Blogger popuri said...

Hi there,
interesting to read that you are missionaries in Seoul. Tell me more about it! Was it difficult since you are from the States and i suppose had to learn Korean from scratch?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter