Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Something New
I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, and I am going to do something new. I started this blog after I had already been living in Korea for 3 years. At that point the culture was an every day part of life. The "honeymoon" phase of being here had long worn off and I was into the ho hum of daily life. Well, I am now preparing to move back to America in 2 months and I realized I have posted very little about the unique parts of life in Korea. So, I am going to do a series. I have no idea how long it will go or what all it will contain, but what I do know that it will be all about Korean culture and living in that culture. I am also sure there will be LOTS of pictures. SO, if anyone has any questions about Korea or different aspects of life here please ask away because I am not sure where I am going with this.

  posted at 12:51 AM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this idea! And, I know I would be looking forward to each post you did on Korean culture.

I would even consider joining you, if you didn't mind. Kinda like a carnival for missionary women maybe. Like each week have a topic that would allow us to share what life is like in our country in regards to something specific. Or it could be more like a "works for me wednesday" thing where we just post on the same day cultural tidbits. Don't know . . . just thinking out loud.

Oh, and I also wanted to ask you if you knew that you had been nominated back in July for a Blog of Beauty award: Best Quiet Spirit. http://agracioushome.com/?p=663 Didn't know if you knew that or not.

Anyway, I look forward to more on your new series!!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

I love learning about other cultures, so I'm looking forward to your posts. We lived in Japan for a year (hubby was in the USMC...20 yrs. ago) so I will be interested to see if the Korean culture and Japanese culture are similar.

Are you coming back to the States for good...or furlough?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Amanda, I love the idea of having others join me. I haven't found any other Missionary Bloggers, so if you know any...pass the word around. This could be a lot of fun. My first post was going to be about my first 2 weeks in country. I was going through the e-mails I sent home and the first pictures I took. After that I was thinking of our 5 day market, food in general, major religions, festivals, and so on.

Mishel, we are what is called short term missionaries. We served 2 years and were getting ready to come home when we were approached by our leadership to stay an extra 2 years to help with a new work. So, we stayed on. However to continue with our sending agency, we have to go to seminary because we do not have the degree to be hired as career. SO, it is back to school for us...LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter