Monday, September 18, 2006
Happy Day!
Today was a VERY happy day in my house! It was an ordinary kind of day and nothing big was planned. My sweet husband made phone calls to all of his students at the University, checking in with them and getting things set up for his class on Saturday. Then, he did a BIG job for me. he tackked the last spot of mildew that we were battling from rainy season. It was GROSS and he dove in and got rid of it. About half way through the job he called me in the sweetest of voices...I KNEW something was up!

As I walked into the mildew area Clark was standing with the BIGGEST grin on his face and hiding something behind his back! He pulled out a folder, but not just ANY old folder...it was a folder that has been MIA for TWO years!

We moved to Jeju (the island we live on) from the mainland city of Yangsan 2 years ago. As we prepared for the move I took all of our professional family photographs out of their protective frames and put them in this one folder for safe keeping. We are talking about FORTY family pictures! I searched the apartment high and low after the movers left and never found this folder. I shed quite a few tears and then finally gave up! I can't tell you how sad I was when I thought it had been lost for good.

That sadness is nothing in comparision to the excitment and happiness I felt when my wonderful, loving, sweet husband pulled that folder out from behind his back today! I spent an hour sorting through the pictures and taking in every moment that was captured and had hung in our house before we moved! THEN, I scanned each of these pictures and have them saved on the hard drive, on a cd, and on kodak photo gallery in case they happen to get lost in our move back to America in 2 months!

I truly count this as a blessing straight from God today. It was like He reached down and gave me a BIG hug by putting those memories back in my hand! God is GOOD!!

  posted at 6:54 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

Oh Michelle...I can only imagine how awful you felt thinking your pictures were lost forever!! It is indeed a blessing from the Lord that your hubby found them!! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter