Saturday, March 24, 2007
Daughters, Driving and Dating
Thank goodness that as of now those three things are totally seperate events of my day and have NOTHING in common!

I don't know if you can tell from my blogs, but I absolutely LOOOVE my girls! They make me smile a hundred times a day (we won't talk about the thousand times they make me want to scream, LOL...just kidding...well maybe not on somedays). We started today by going to a pancake breakfast at the local Applebee's to support our William Carey Girls Soccer team. It was a yummy way to start our Saturday and get the day moving. The girls were so precious sitting there in the booth eating their pancakes and sipping their apple juice. I don't know exactly what it was, but they made me smile! Melisa was telling goofy knock-knock jokes and Cali was pointing at pictures telling us what she saw "a ball, a bird, water, a baby, a dog, kitty cat" and so on. It wasn't anything extraordinary, but it was my girls being themselves and it just made me smile!!

After breakfast we drove home from the restaurant. This is one of the first times I have driven through Mississippi when I wasn't in a rush or preoccupied while Clark drove. The sights we saw were something else. First of all, there was the lady returning movies at blockbuster. She was mad at the world and it showed in the way she slammed her car door, stomped up to the drop off, threw the movie in the slot, stormed back to her car, plopped down in the drivers seat, slammed the door again and began to "passionately" talk on the phone. I am just glad I wasn't the person on the other line. I hope her day got better!! Second there was the brilliant guy in the blue car next to us at the light. I don't know if he realized it or not but at that single light he nearly chewed a hole through the cap of his water bottle. I have never seen such intense cap chewing. The final observation takes the cake. The guy in the white car, bless his heart, needs to learn to get ALL of his clothes in the trunk before he shuts it. He was dragging his tie behind the car with just the tip in the trunk...dude, I don't think you are going to want to wear it when you get there. Oh my! Who ever thought a drive down the road could be THAT entertaining! I plan on slowing down more often to take in the magnificant sights of Mississippi! LOL!

We had a fun afternoon at home cleaning a little and playing in the yard a LOT! We rode bikes, played ball, went on a catterpillar hunt, then on a rollie pollie hunt, and finally on a snail hunt. We watched some cartoons and just enjoyed time at home together! I like Saturday afternoons like that!!

Finally I am excited to say that Clark and I went on a, a, a...dare I say the word...a DATE tonight!!!! For the first time in over THREE years we went out ALL by ourselves! NO children, NO other couples, NO family, NO friends, NO students, NO coworkers...JUST US!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited! Let me tell you, I have missed just sitting and talking to my husband. We share life together, we have fun as a family, we goof around and laugh, we are best friends, but we just haven't had the chance to go for an evening out since before I was pregnant with Cali! Let me tell you, I realized just how much I miss dating my husband! I don't know how we let ourselves get so busy that we forgot to go on dates, but I am SOOO glad that we went out tonight. I can't talk about our date without saying a BIG thanks to Kristy for volunteering to watch the girls without us even asking. We NEVER would have gone out if you hadn't offered to keep them...THANK YOU!!!! Clark took me to the Olive Garden and we ate WAY too many breadsticks and then had a delicious dinner! I ate an entire meal out without having to cut up anyones food, cleaning up any spills, making any runs to the restroom, or come up with entertainment for a restless child! After dinner we went to Lifeway Christian Store and we looked at all the newest books and music without having to take turns entertaining the girls in the kids section! Clark bought me a new bible (I lost my good bible in Korea) and a new journal. We got the new Toby Mac CD...WOW, it is AWESOME!!

On the drive home Clark reminded me just why I fell in love with him. We passed a car as it was breaking down. My sweet husband couldn't help but pull over and run to help get them out of the middle of the road. Then he looked under their hood to find they were almost out of oil. So, he litterally ran a few blocks down the road to buy them some oil then ran back down to their car and filled it up for them. He waited until they were safely in their car and on their way then he came back and drove me safely home too. He can't help himself, he has to help those in need. I LOVE his heart! How did I get lucky enough to get blessed with a husband like him? God is SO good to me when I am SO undeserving! I had an AWESOME evening out with my husband and I know I won't let 3 years or even 1 month go by without finding a way to go out with him again! :-)

Well, it has been a LONG day and I am one tired Momma! So, I am going to get off from here and get to bed so I can get up and head to church to worship my Savior! :-)

  posted at 9:39 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter