Monday, March 26, 2007
Milestones
Milestones are an interesting thing. Sometimes you dwell on them. You know you wonder when they will come, if they will come, what it will be like. Other times you dread their coming because it just shows how fast time is passing or it isn't really something you want to deal with. Sometimes you LOVE them and are just overjoyed that they came! It is amazing the range of emotions that come with that simple word....milestone!

Well, today we hit three major ones. The first milestone we reached today is one only a mom will really appreciate. You see, for the past month or so, Cali has been asking to go "potty". She goes into the bathroom and sits on the toilet for a minute or so and then climbs down and wants to flush. I decided that it wasn't worth it to push the whole potty training thing. She isn't going to go to grow up to never know how to use the restroom, so why push it and get into that battle before she is ready? Anyway, today she came running into the school room and grabbed my hand for me to stand up. She said "potty, potty, potty" so off we went for our routine. As soon as I sat her up there she went potty! I think she even surprised herself because she jumped. he he he It was SOO cute! Then she started clapping and saying "YAY"! She was SOOO proud of herself. If that wasn't enough, as soon as she had flushed and washed her hands she ran and got the phone and brought it to me saying "Daddy, Daddy"! So, we had to call Daddy at work to let him know our milestone. It wasn't really one I was excpecting today, but it sure was a pleasant one! Who knows if she will keep it up, but hey, at least I know we are on the right track and I'm just going to let it keep coming naturally rather than pushing.

The second milestone is one that I really was beginning to think would NEVER come! I started packing on October 23rd, 2006. The first thing I packed was the girls clothes followed by mine. So, we have been in suite cases/trunks since then. Well today I officially unpacked and hung up the last of our clothes still in trunks and suitecases! A little over FIVE months later we are officially NOT living out of suitecases again. I had 2 remaining suitecases in my bedroom waiting for me to unpack and today I made myself unpack them! Clark put them up in the attic and we are DONE!!! Now, I do still have boxes of books that I need to buy book shelves, but that can't be helped and I am just waiting until we can find some book shelves that I really want to buy. BUT, the fact that our clothes ALL have a home now is AWESOME! It finally feels like we are settled again! Five months of being unsettled is no fun but the feeling that came when I hung up that last jacket today was pure joy! We are SETTLED!!!!

The third milestone was one for Melisa. When Clark got home from work he worked with Melisa on her bike riding skills. She has got the balancing thing down! Now if we can just work on steering, she will be set! By the end of the week we will be riding all over the place, I can feel it! She practiced for over an hour today. Unfortunately the lesson ended when she crashed into the thorn bush in the yard. Poor baby, she has 6 big scratches on her leg. I was proud of her though, she had NO tears AND still put her own bike up. She is one tough chickie! I am proud of her!

So, there you have it, three big milestones. It just happens that I am very excited about these three. But I am sure more will come soon, they always seem to!

On a random note (but not SO much because we were just talking about Melisa's bike riding), I got my bike back from the shop today. The bike my Dad bought me for my birthday was too wide for the frame he gave me. So, we took it to the bike shop in town for them to work on it for me. They installed it and we are up and running. I road around the block 6 times today with Cali. She LOOOOVES her seat. She cried and cried when I took her out and locked the bike up in the shed. It is SO funny, she HATES her car seat but can't get enough of her bike seat. It is fun riding around with her. I can't wait for Melisa to master the whole steering thing and then the whole family is heading out to the 42 mile bike trail (no, I don't think we will do all 42 miles, but it will be fun riding on a trail)!

Well, it is bed time here, so I am off! Make sure to stop and enjoy each and every milestone you reach, even if it is one you are dreading!

  posted at 9:14 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter