Thursday, June 07, 2007
Open Doors
You may have read my blog about missing Korea...well God is SOOO good! Clark and I are still praying about stepping through this open door, but we are really concidering it.

This morning, shortly after Clark got to work, he had a suprise visitor. The pastor from the local Korean church that we have visited come to ask us to prayerfully concider teaching their children's Sunday School class. As we are missing Korea and working with Koreans God is so faithful to provide us an opportunity to serve right in the midst of that people group!

We are going to get the schedule of services at the church we have been attending. If we can attend the early service and Sunday school and then make it to the Korean church by 10 am to do their Sunday School, we are very seriously concidering taking on this new ministry role. It is amazing that when you bring the desires of your heart to the Lord he is so faithful to fullfill them! Just when you question where you are and what God is doing with you here, He answers. Just when you wonder if you really heard His voice, he speaks again! We serve an AWESOME God!

  posted at 10:02 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

I sure hope you take advantage of this open door. Perhaps the following advice from Brother Andrew in his book "Prayer Works" will help you. He sounds a little harsh, but listen carefully to what he's saying:

_______________

I have found, oddly, that the ones who question knowing God's will the most are the ones who are least likely to move forward in this area. One question they always ask is, "How can I know God's will?" When I hear them I always suppress a little sigh, because I know that much of the time what people are really saying is, "I'm waiting for God to telegraph instructions from heaven before I do something".

"I would go on the mission field", many Christians have told me, "if only I could be sure it's God's will." When somebody says this to me, I reply, "All right, then, I'll tell you what God's will is: GO YE. Now will you go?"

Sadly, they often won't! I usually get a flustered response like this: "Oh, I know Jesus said that, but how can I be sure this is God's will for me personally? After all, there are a lot of factors involved in this decision. I'd have to give up my job, and my children would be uprooted. And where would we go, exactly? After all, it's dangerous in a lot of countries now, and I couldn't expose my family to that. No, before I could do something that drastic I'd need to have a word from the Lord saying it was His will FOR ME."

Many Christians these days still don't understand what is crystal clear. They're always "waiting on the Lord" for revelation of His will when -- especially in the larger issues like evangelism or intercession -- His will is already perfectly clear.

__________

Hope this helps a little.

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter