Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Competition Team????
So, if you read my post earlier, you will know during Cali's gym they asked her to move up to the three year old class even though she is only two. Well, if that sent me into shock, wait until you hear about Melisa's gymnastics class!

Well it seems that they were working on teaching some basic skills and Melisa straddle dismount of the uneven bars and then did a perfectly controlled headstand brining one leg up at a time and holding it perfectly. They sent the rest of her class off for a water break, called the owner of the gym over and asked her to do it all over again. She did, the owner got this look and then they called Clark to talk to them. Since we have only been at the gym about 6 months they want us to finish out this school year in her class to make sure she loves it and wants to make a commitment to it. For the rest of this year the coaches are going to keep a close eye on her, helping her to perfect her form and at the end of the school year they want her to audition for the competition team! They seemed to think she would have a good chance at it and was a natural.

SOOO, if she continues to love it, it looks like I am going to have a competitor on my hands next year. We will be at the gym DAILY and working hard. Melisa is SO excited. She saw the competition team a month ago and told me she wanted to be on it. I told her she had to be requested to be on it, so we would have to wait and see...well she has been out there working hard in hopes of getting on the team. WOW...I am so proud of her it has brought tears to my eyes!

I have two natural gymnasts on my hands...who'd of thought?

  posted at 9:15 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter