Wednesday, October 17, 2007
We Still Have a Fever, BUT...
...we know WHY!

It seems Cali has the flu! Clark took Cali into a different pediatric office today (one of the best in town) and within 20 minutes they had an answer. The doctor took a look at her, took a swab out of her nose and really took a good look in her thoat and knew immediately that she had the flu. It seems the doctor last night missed a puss pocket in her throat and didn't look closely enough at her nose. I must say I am HIGHLY frustrated! I know that we are now changing pediatricians.

Unfortunately the doctor said that meds wouldn't really do any good now. They medicate the flu for the first 24 hours...so had we found out Monday we would have gotten meds. Now, we just have to wait it out. Unless she develops a bad cough or gets wheezy we are to do what we have been doing. Tylenol, Motrin, lukewarm baths, lots of liquids, and lots of rest (well as much as you can make a 2 year old rest).

I must say I am heartbroken to know that my baby has been suffering from the flu and I have been clueless about it. But I am thankful to finally have an answer! So, we will take it one day at a time and watch her really closely. Her little body is doing a good job fighting off the flu with the fever, so all we can do is keep her comfy and help her stay at a safe body temp. by monitoring it.

Thanks for all the prayers, they were felt and answered. Now pray that the flu goes away soon and the rest of the family doesn't have to fight it too! THANKS!

  posted at 10:37 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter