Thursday, October 18, 2007
I Will Never Understand
So, today I got to work and parked my bike (yes bike...remember we are a one car family right now and I am riding my bike to and from work which is only about 4 or 5 blocks from our house) outside the backdoor at Curves. I have had the baby seat on the back of it and have parked it there every week day from 3:15 to 8:00 pm and nothing has ever happened to it.

Well, tonight as I stepped out to get it and head home, it was gone! Yep, someone stole my bike right out from under my nose! It is a solid pink Diamondback...$250 to $300 bike and it is gone! I am SO upset! Why do people do things like that? Why can't we be trusted? I am going to turn in a police report tomorrow in hopes that if it shows up at a pawn shop we will be able to claim it somehow...I don't know how this works. What really stinks is it is my sole transportation to and from my part-time job. It also has the base for the baby seat attached to it. Cali LOVES to ride on the back of my bike. It calms her down and relaxes her. She will bring me her helmet and ask to go for a ride some days. It was a birthday present from my Dad. It was a special bike to me and I am so sad that someone felt the need to steal it. If they were in need of money, I would have been more than willing to help them out the best I could...but they stole and took my one form of transportation when Clark has the car. Oh well...I keep telling myself that maybe they need it more than I do to keep myself from being fumming mad!

Well, on a positive note Cali seems to be on the mend. She had a REALLY fussy and cranky day, but her fever stayed down (it hasn't broke, but it hasn't gotten over 101.5 since this morning at 5:30). I think we are getting t the achy and tired part of the flu. She was only happy sitting in my lap or being carried in my arms. She was 100% a Momma's girl today! She had quite the little temper...she even hit Melisa about 4 times...time out while having the flu and having to say "I'm sorry" was no fun for this sick 2 year old! She has sounded a little congested and even broken out with diaper rash...I think the infection is going to find it's way out through the rash. With the help of Motrin, Little Noses, and Vicks Baby Vapor Rub she has stayed comfortable. I am hoping that within a day or two this will all be a memory!

On an even more postive note, Clark, Melisa and I are all still flu free...still praying we stay that way!

Finally, we ended up having a Tornado Warning party at our house. We have had two nights in a row of bad storms and tonight Clark was taking one student around for errands and another was babysitting the girls when the storms came up. The dorms went into "lock down" with everyone on the bottom floor. So, they couldn't get back in their dorms. We ended up ordering pizza and visiting for an hour while we waited for the storms to pass. Melisa heard us say if we heard a tornado or if the news said one was over us we would go to the bathroom. Well, before I knew it, she had pillows, blankets, goldfish to snack on, a cup of water for each of us, some books, movies, the portable DVD player and even the dogs bowl so we would be ready...lol! She cracks me up!

Well, I am off to bed. I hope everyone had a better Thursday than I did...the flu, a stollen bike, tornado warnings, and an unplanned pizza party at your house makes for an "interesting" day!

  posted at 10:26 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

So sorry about your bike, Michelle. We have had our car broken into twice in the last 2 years. The one time it looked as though they had been only a few minutes away from getting it started and taking the car. Fortunately they didn't steal the car but they took several other items out-one being a brand-new pair of prescription sunglasses! (We laughed about that as they really won't do anyone else any good-haha!But it was still disappointing.) After something like that, you just feel violated and not as safe anymore. Praying for you today...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter