Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Moving On Up
Today has been a devistating day for this lil' momma! My baby, my littlest munchkin, my Boo, my Bean (need I go on with all her nicknames) is growing up WAY too fast. Today is our gymnastics day and we had a great class. While all the other toddlers were running around and doing there own thing, Cali was sitting next to the teacher, doing everything the teacher did, and following directions like an angel. It makes a momma's heart proud! Then it was time to do forward rolls and I put my hands on my little princesses hips and said "now bend over" and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "I DO IT MYSELF MOMMY!" Sure enough, I let go and she did a perfect forward roll all by herslef!

After class the teacher called me to stay for a minute. Then she said "I know Cali is only 2 1/2 and she is smaller than the others, but what do you think about moving her to the 3 year old class" AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! The three year old class takes them out of the "Mommy and Me" time and straight into the "student/teacher" role. I can't believe they are ready to move her up....but at the same time, I know she is ready. She can do everything and more that the teacher asks of her. She waits her turn and never looks my way these days. She is independent and loving gym. SOOO, with a sad heart on my part, we are changing gym days. Monday mornings will be Cali's new gym day. She will go in all by herself, while I go sit behind the glass window and watch. It is trial this week and if she does well, it will be a permanent change.

It is so awesome to see our "babies" become independent and succeed, but at the same time it is so hard to let go. Now, this is just one small class and not all that important, but it is just another sign that my little baby isn't so much of a baby anymore and she is ready to step out on her own in some areas....like gymnastics!

  posted at 1:11 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter