Sunday, October 28, 2007
A Whirlwind Weekend
Wow, I we had a crazy busy weekend. In fact, it was so busy, I didn't realize you could fit this much in! I am worn out!!!

On Friday night the gymnastics school had an Open Gym night and a Costume Contest. So, the girls went to the contest and then we left Melisa to play and Clark, Cali, and I headed out to have some fun of our own. We went out to price swing sets (what we are thinking about getting the girls for Christmas). Then we hung out at Pet Smart looking at all the animals with Cali and bought Ernie (our family Hermit Crab) a few new shells. At 8:30 we picked Misa up from Open Gym and headed home to get some rest...we needed it for the rest of the weekend!

Saturday we cleaned up around the house for the first hour or two and then at 10:30 we headed up to the school to pick up a student. Then we made that all too familiar drive to the New Orleans airport to drop her off. It took about 5 hours round trip....by the time we were home, we had two antsy girls ready to stretch their legs. SO, first stop, the Pumpkin Patch! The girls got their faces painted, did a cake walk, played games, had their pictures taken, and picked out two perfect pumpkins! :-) They weren't ready to head home yet, so we headed out to the walking/exercise park and spent 2 hours or so playing.

By this time it was 7:00 and we were starving. So, we decided to have some breakfast for dinner and headed to IHop. The girls both got chocolate chip pancakes and loved every minute of it. :-) The waitresses were dressed up for Halloween and kept the girls totally entertained, lol. It was the perfect end to a fun day out!

Today we headed to church to start our day off right. We are loving the new church that we have found. The preaching is great. We are going through Old Testament stories and it is wonderful. The girls classes are also studying the same stories the pastor is preaching about, so it makes it great to be able to talk to Misa about it after church.

After being out and about all day yesterday, we decided to spend the rest of today at home. Night services were cacncelled for church tonight as well. So, we came home and settled in for fall fun at home. We are a simple lunch and then took everything outside we would need for carving the pumpkins. Cali didn't get into doing the whole pumpkin guts thing yet, but Melisa had a blast. Then she drew her own face on her pumpkin. This is the first year she has wanted to draw her own rather than having Daddy do it. I was so proud of her...it looks GREAT! We ate pumpkin cookies while Daddy did the carving. Then we played with bubbles and watched Chin Goo (our dog) chase the bubbles and try to eat them. We played outside until the sun started going down.

Once we came inside, Melisa and I started sifting through the pumpkin guts to save all the seeds. We got a full two cups worth out! I boiled them in salt water for 20 minutes and now they are drying overnight. Tomorrow I am going to take my first attempt ever at making roasted pumpkin seeds....wish me luck!

Tonight we have been watching "fall movies" (they aren't necessarily fall movies, but they are movies our family always seems to watch in the fall) and cuddled on the couch. It is 9:30 and Cali is out for the night and Melisa is heading to bed now. Whew...I think we wore them out this weekend...at least I know they wore me out! It truly was a whirlwind weekend and I treasured every minute of it!

  posted at 8:55 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Merrie said...

Hi, Just found your blog. Really good and I love your life. Enjoy, even though it seems busy. I'd love to know more about the mission field (You may have more in other posts, just didn't read that far)
Blessings!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Merrie said...

I meant to say "life STORIES"... I'm not weird, just left out a word... :)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Merrie said...

Thanks for stopping by. You are very blessed. I love it when I see God's hand on people and them LOVING it and desiring to continue to serve Him.
In reality- being where you are is probably a BIGGER mission field than where you were.
On of my very dear and precious friend's daughter just returned from Vietnam. Another big ministry - but undercover.
I'll be back....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter