Sunday, November 18, 2007
A Daddy's Arms
I was sitting here playing around with pictures on the computer and trying to unwind after an incredibly crazy week when I saw the most amazing picture of the relationship I want to have with my Heavenly Father! It was actually a sceene that took about 5 minutes to play through.
Clark told Cali he had a ball for her in the car and asked if she wanted to play. She got really excited and said "My ball Daddy, get my ball!" She stood at the door and watched him get her ball. But when he came back it wasn't what she was expecting. She stomped her foot and crossed her arms and pouted. She didn't want to look at him, she just wanted her way.

Let me pause to say that this is me all too often. I see God start to open a new door for me. I can see the blessings coming. Then, all of a sudden I see what He had in store for me and it wasn't what I was expecting, so I stomp my feet, or rather drag them, and pout about it.

Now, back to my story from today. Clark proceeded to play with the ball. He bounced it, he threw it and he hit himself in the head with it a few times. As she started to see what that ball had in store for her her arms uncrossed and slowly the pout became a smile. She couldn't fight the giggles when Daddy proceeded to hit Mommy in the head with the ball. Before long she was playing and laughing and LOVING her gift from Daddy.

Now, God does this to me. He will continue to move along with HIS plans dispite my hissy fit. As I see His will unfold I fall in love with the new place I find myself and know that His plan was better all along. I find myself laughing and giggling. I find myself in His joy. He is the ultimate Daddy and He delights in His children.

Cali was having a great time. The ball went rolling to the playroom and she took off after it. Once in the playroom something caught her eye and is scared her. She didn't think twice about what to do when she was scared. She ran right to her Daddy saying "Uppy Me Daddy, Uppy me! I scared!" Clark scooped her up and wrapped his loving arms around his little girl and kept her safe. He carried her right back to what scared her and asked her what was wrong. She promptly showed him a scary looking toy. It's amazing how that toy wasn't nearly as scary from the safety of her Daddy's arms. As soon as she showed it to him, Clark removed the toy from the playroom and let her know that she was safe. She the wrapped her little arms around his neck and said "Tankyou Daddy, I wub you!" (Thank you Daddy, I love you). Clark once again wrapped his arms around her, held her tight, said "I love you too baby." She knows that she can run to him anytime she is afraid now. There is now safer place than her Daddy's arms!

Oh, think about it! Our "Daddy" is the most powerful and amazing one arouond. Changes and trials can be very scary but we have a "Daddy" who is bigger than anything this world can throw at us, because HE created it! He is waiting to scoop us up in His arms and carry us through the trials and help us face the changes head on. He is our shelter in the storm and our strength when we are weak. Why is it then that I fail to run immediately to him like Cali ran to Clark? I try to do it on my own, I try to find help around me, and then when I come to the end of my rope I FINALLY run to Him for help. I want my first response to be running to my Daddy, my Father in Heaven. The safest place I could ever be is in my Father's Arms!

  posted at 10:21 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter