Monday, November 12, 2007
One Small Step for a Toddler...
one giant leap for potty training!

****WARNING...THIS IS A MOMMY KIND OF BLOG POST, lol****

So, today I finally decided we needed a little more motivation for potty training! As soon as gymnastics was over we headed to Walmart! We bought a small training potty that plays music when she uses it, 2 packs of panties (Tinkerbell and Disney Princesses), and some hersey kisses! As soon as we got home I took the potty out of the box and she couldn't wait to sit on it! Within 5 minutes the music was playing and we had success! She got a hersey kiss and a pair of tinkerbell panties in place of her pull up.

We settled in and started house work and school work. About an hour into our routine Cali hopped up and yelled "I pee pee in my potty" and she took off running to the bathroom. She was in such a hurry she ran smack into the door, lol! I picked her up off the floor and we kept on trucking to the bathroom. As soon as she sat down we heard music again....that is the sweetest music my ears have ever heard!! She got another kiss and still had dry tink undies.

All had been quiet and Miss. Kristy came knocking to watch the girls while I went to work. Cali got excited and told Kristy that she would pee pee in her potty! So, off we went to show her and sure enough, as soon as she sat down that sweet music played again. Another kiss was in order...man that child is going to be wound up, lol! We put her back in a pull up though because it was time to head out of the house to ballet.

When I got home from work, I was sad to see that she had a wet pull-up on. But, I asked her if she wanted to put Tinkerbell back on and try to use her potty. At first she said no and ate on her dinner. But a few minutes later she came running and said "Mommy I go poopy! " I checked her pull up and it was clean, so took her to the potty. This time we sat and sat and sat and sat some more! Finally, after what felt like forever I heard the music playing and sure enough, we had gone poopy in the potty! This is a first for us!

I feel like we made GREAT strides today and look forward to another sucessful day tomorrow! Maybe, just maybe we can be potty trained by Christmas! Am I that lucky? I think we can, I think we can, I think we can!

  posted at 9:13 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter