Saturday, November 10, 2007
A Day in the Trees
Today was ropes course day. First of all, let me say I am worn out! Now that I have made that clear, please excuse my horrible typing tonight as every part of my body is tired and sore (including my hands and fingers)!

I started today out by dropping Clark and the girls off at the school 2 hours early...the joys of being a one car family. I dropped them off at 8:15 and then I headed to the other side of town to work for our other Curves location. I was the only one working there, so I had to be in by 9:45 and let me tell you, I go there at 9:45 on the dot! GO ME! I was at the gym until 12:35 and only had about 8 ladies work out. It was slow but I always love visiting with the ladies. It makes for some good and often interesting conversations.

After I closed Curves, I headed straight to the University (grabbing Chik-fil-a...YUM...for lunch, lol). I got to the school at about 1:15. It was just in time to catch the group finishing up lunch. I must admit that I was disappointed with the International Students...we only had 3 show up for the ropes couse, but at least 2 of them brough friends. So, we had 5 go through the course. We worked so hard in trying to communicate with the students what was going on and they just didn't show up. We saw so many of them just wandering around campus, but they just didn't come over to participate. I don't understand and won't hide my frustration over it. These same students are constantly complaining that there is nothing to do on campus, yet when we plan stuff they don't show up....this is the 3rd event we have had low numbers for this year. I just wish I understood. Oh well...

We did have an awesome time with the 5 that showed up. They all made it across the course. They all loved the low and high elements. They are did an amazing job! I am SOOO proud of them. I am especlally proud of one student who has a great fear of hieghts and still did it. It made the day worth while! Of course Melisa went across and did great. It was like her 4th time on a ropes course...so I'm not suprised she did so well. I think we got some good pics, so I will post them tomorrow!

After the ropes course, we took an hour break and the students went to shower off while unset the course. We met back and headed to the house of someone else on the Carey Staff. She was gracious enough to host the students in her home and cook for us. She prepared an amazing "make your own tacos" night...and it was GOOD! I ate WAY too much but savored every bite! We had a few more students show up for the dinner...probably 10 or 11 showed up to eat...still a little disappointing, but I am glad at least 10 showed up! We spent the evening visiting and eating. You can't beat that can you?

We got home right at 8:30 and it took 30 minutes and Cali was sound asleep. Melisa is in the shower now and will be heading to bed inthe near future...I can't imagine I will be far behind...that is if I can peel myself out of this comfy chair to get to the bed! Did I mention I hurt ALL over, lol?!!

On another tangent, I do have Melisa's cold and it has got me down. I lived on Alka Seltzer Cold (daytime) today! I never would have made it without it! I hope it goes away soon because my throat hurts, my head hurts, I keep sneezing, and my nose is runny. YUCK! So, on that note, I am off to bed myself. I need some rest if I am getting up and going to church tomorrow! And yes, I do feel old that I am going to bed at 9:45...but that's ok!

  posted at 9:59 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter