Saturday, December 15, 2007
Seeing Santa
I wrote this back on Dec. 2nd...sorry I forgot to post it!

Today we ventured out for the anual trip to the mall to see Santa. The girls were excited as we walked through the mall. They didn't once ask to stop and ride the little toys along the middle of the mall, they didn't ask to go in the toy store, shoe store, or movie store (all favorite stops). They didn't even ask for a pretzel! They had their sights set on Santa and there was no getting in their way, lol!

We got there and waited in line for what seemed like an hour but was more like 20 minutes. The girls couldn't stop making little waves at Santa until the saw the men up on the roof cleaning the sky lights. That entertained them for a good 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes I spent holding them back from plowing through the people in front of us. When the "Elf" finally told them they could go on you would have thought the starting gun had been fired and they were on a race for life!

Hand in hand they ran for Santa's chair and climbed up in his lap...then their true colors came out. Melisa started talking a mile a minute and Cali clammed up like a shell! This is the first year that Cali didn't scream her head off, so we made progress, but she stared at me the entire time afraid if she took her eyes of me she would be Santa's forever! She had a half smirk on her face the entire time but at the same time she wasn't too sure about it all. :-)

Santa asked Melisa what she wanted for Christmas and she asked for a stuffed animal Alaskan Husky. Then she got really quiet and in a whisper asked for the sweetest thing ever! She said "Santa, someone stole my Mommy's bike from her work and I would really like it if you gave her a new one." Isn't she just a doll? Santa told her that it was the nicest thing anyone has asked for and it was very generous to think of others. That's my girl! :-)

Then Santa asked Cali what she wanted. She cut her eyes at ophim and then back at me afraid to speak. Finally, Melisa said "Cali, tell Santa what you want." Then out came the littlest squeak ever, "baby." Melisa pushed a little more and said, "What was the other thing you wanted?" and Cali made another little squeak of a noise and said, "Choo Train." and that was the end of that! LOL!

They got their picture taken (but the CD they gave me is corrupt and won't open on any computer....grrrrr)! Tomorrow I will be going back down to see what they will do about it after gymnastics. So, until I figure out what they are going to do, I won't be able to share the picture with you. But, I promise it turned out as cute as can be! I tried to snap a picture of my own but was told that their set was copyrighted and I couldn't take a picture of it...I think it is just an answer they give to make more money...ugh!

They both got reindeer antlers, stickers, candycanes, and a stuffed snowman to share. They were in such good moods we were actually able to walk around the mall and get ideas for Christmas presents for a whole hour before any whinning started! WHOOOHOOOO!!!
I always love our trip to see Santa...it is so special!! Now it is off to bed because tomorrow morning is gymnastics day AND laundry day...I will have my hands full!

  posted at 8:36 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter