Sunday, February 03, 2008
Ernie is Back and so am I!
Ok...I wrote this a while back (like 3 weeks ago) and never posted it here. Sorry I am posting such an old post, but I figured it would help me catch up more quicky. :-)

I know, I k now...I have been back for almost a week now and this is the first time I have gotten on here to type! I have been playing catch up from a 17 day trip! This week I took down Christmas decorations, made my way through the mountain of laundry, found a home for the Christmas loot, cleaned the house, helped dh pick up some of the 18 students that flew in, went to work, homeschooled Melisa, and all kinds of other fun stuff. So...that is why I haven't been on-line this week...but I think I am caught up and should be back some.

Now, before I tell you all about the trip, my title needs some explaining. Do you remember the blog about "Run Away Ernie?" For those who don't the story is that our hermit crab had help from my 2 year old escaping and running away. He was MIA for over 3 weeks. I knew I was going to come home from vacation with a stinky house because of a dead Ernie. Well, much to my suprise the house was not the slightest bit stinky. However, there was no sign of Ernie for the first few days. Then on Wednesday we came home and low and behold Ernie was having a party in the school room. Just hanging out in the doorway. WHOOHOOO! He was alive and well. Now, what scares me is that he found enough to live on for over 3 weeks...what does that say about my cleaning skills? YIKES! It is good to have him back in the cage though!

Now, on to the trip! It started with a wonderful two days stop in GA. I got to see my roommate from college (until the 21st we hadn't seen each other in 7 1/2 years). We had the best visit and it was just what I needed! She forced me to sit down and rest. It felt like old times (with the addition of 5 children and 2 husbands, lol). I also got to see a different good freind get married. It was so special to be able to be there and see that special day for her! The GA part of the trip went by WAY too fast and I was sad to see it go.

On the 23rd it was off to SC. We spent 6 days with Clark's family. The girls got enough cousin time to make up for a year of being gone. We had a great Christmas and Santa was extremely good to the girls even though we were traveling. Grammy even watched the girls for the day while Clark and I had a date! We headed up to Pretty Place (the outdoor chapel that we were married in). We hiked in the mountains and had a great time getting to be a couple! I think it was my favorite part of the trip to SC. We didn't do a lot other than that, but spending time with family was wonderful!

On the 30th we headed to FL. That drive was absolutely miserable. What usually takes up 7 to 8 hours took 12 hours! There was one accident in the other lane that involved 6 cars with one completely burnt to a crisp. It was a heart breaking sight. Around that accident it took us 3 hours to go about 60 miles. Of course our DVD player decided to break right before the trip. UGH!

We finally made it to FL and it was worth the drive. We took the girls and thier two cousins to get pictures made and they turned out ADORABLE! The girls had a second Christmas and got WAY too much! Again, we didn't do a whole lot, but we did spend time with family and it was so very special. We got to spend New Years Eve at my moms house. We had a few small firecrackers and the kids did sparklers before we put them to bed. Then we watched the big firework show over the lake from the pool deck at moms. Oh, it was beautiful. The girls got to ride four wheelers with my Dad (Papa) and play with their cousins. They both got cameras for Christmas in FL and let me tell you there are some interesting pics now. ;-) It was a special time and I am glad we were finally able to get away!

We finally got back late on Sunday the 6th. Monday it was back to work and the same old schedule as before we left. Let me tell you, it was hard to jump back in this week. But like I said above, for the first time since we have been back I feel like I am caught up and have time to sit and relax a little.

I have tons of pics from the trip and will try to post some this weekend. I hope everyone has been doing well. I look forward to catching up with everyone again...sorry I was MIA for so long! It's good to be back!

  posted at 9:46 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter