Sunday, February 03, 2008
I'm Still Alive (and have lots of rambling to do)!
I am back by popular demand...well...not really. I am back because of my one faithful reader who wants to know where I have been (thanks for the love Joy)! Besides the daily battle with the dusty bunnies and the ever growing pile of laundry we have been pretty busy. So, busy I don't even know where to start!

When we got back from our trip home for Christmas, we jumped back into our normal schedule feet first with a running start. It was back to work at Carey and Curves. It was back to schooling, gymnastics and ballet. We haven't really stopped since we got back either.

The first weekend we were back we headed out the mall and spent our gift cards. Now, that's my kind of shopping. We got all kinds of new stuff and didn't spend any actual money...whooohoooo!!!! We went to Belks and got both of the girls new winter jackets (theirs disappeared on vacation...imagine that). There was still some money left on the Belks card that we ended up spending at their little shop called LibbyLu. Melisa got her ears pierced again! It wasn't planned, so I don't have any pictures of it...but it was special. She is so excited to have them pierced and is taking really good care of them this time.

We also went to Old Navy and American Eagle and got Clark and I some new clothes (it has been a LOOONG time since I went shopping for myself). I had noticed my clothes were all loose at home, but I never thought about it. Well, I decided to try on smaller clothes and I am excited to say I am now a solid size 6 again. Everything I bought was size 6 or a small! Working at a gym and living with Clark and the kettlebells have paid off! I got 3 new pairs of nice pants, 1 pair of workout pants, and about 4 tops. Clark got about the same as well. The best part to all of that is that there is still money left on the gift card...if only we could find time to go shopping again!

We had another busy week after our shopping spree weekend. When we woke up the next Saturday our yard was a blanket of white. Yep, it actually snowed in MS! We got about 2 inches and spent ALL day long playing in the snow. I am glad I got the girls new coats the week before, lol! We built a snowman, had about 4 different snowball fights, made snow angels, and took a ton of pictures. We would go outside until our fingers were red and sore and then come in and warm up with hot chocolate just to go back out and get cold again! It was great. Unfortunately...or maybe fortunately...it didn't last that long. By Monday morning all of the snow was gone and we had another normal, but busy week!

It was a short week though, because Monday was a holiday and we took Friday off. A 3 day work week can never be THAT bad can it? On Friday morning we woke up bright and early, loaded up the car and headed to FLORIDA! We drove and we drove and we drove some more. The trip went smooth except for a mini emergency that involved a nasty, itchy, unexplained rash on Cali. We spent 8 to 9 hours in the car, but it was worth it when we got to the hotel and got to see Papa (my Dad) and then later on TJ and MaryBeth (my brother and sister-in-law).

Friday night we ate dinner at an awesome restaurant and then turned in to get a good nights sleep. Saturday morning we woke up to rain, but it was OK, because it gave us a good excuse to enjoy a lazy breakfast together. By the time we were done with breakfast and got everything loaded up it was only raining on and off at a light sprinkle. We headed out in the boat to Three Sisters Spring and were surprised to see great visibility and tons of manatee. The "boys" couldn't resist hopping in (and did so without the wetsuits). My girls of course followed, but MaryBeth and I chose to stay warm in the boat. Melisa lasted about 15 minutes while Cali didn't last past her bottom getting wet. Dad got some great pictures, so I am glad they got in. :-)
After the cold boat ride and quick swim we warmed up with hot chocolate at a tiki hut off the water. The girls ran and played in the grass and made new friends. When we were finally warmed up we headed back to the hotel to meet up with some other friends for a shrimp boil (yeah, I had something else to eat for those of you who know me well). The girls and I headed to bed pretty early, but from what I have heard the party lasted way too late, lol!

We were up at 5:30 to meet at the tour boat by 6:15 and we were on the water by 6:30 am. Let me tell you, for FL it was COLLD! We were sad that the visibility wasn't as good as yesterday and there was already a crowd out at the springs, but we still put on our wetsuits and hopped in for a fun swim with the manatees. We saw quite a few, rubbed their bellies, and watched them swim around so peacefully. If you have never swam with manatees you are missing out on an awesome experience! Clark and I took turns sitting with Cali in the boat and swimming with Misa. We were out until about 10:30 am and then we went back to the hotel, showered off, and met back up for one last good lunch. Then it was back on the road and on to Mississippi again. But, man was it a fun weekend!!

Unfortunately, it was back to work on Monday and life resumed on a normal schedule of work, school, and play, lol. The next weekend rolled around and we spent it doing "spring" cleaning a little early. We raked up 6 bags of leaves out of the back yard and cleaned the house better than it has been cleaned in a long time. We threw in a trip to the bowling alley and books-a-million in there for good measure. The weekend of cleaning was followed by another normal week of William Carey, Curves, Homeschool, Gymnastics, Tap, and Ballet...that is enough to keep us busy every week isn't it? Then another weekend at home...well kind of...Clark and the girls ran students to the airport while I manned the Saturday shift at Curves. Then we met up for a nice dinner at Chick-fil-a and another trip to Books-A-Million. We like those quiet kind of weekends just as much as the adventurous fun ones!

Well...I guess that brings us to this weekend, which I gave you a good rundown of in my last blog. The only other thing that has happened that is news worthy is Melisa and her gymnastics class. The owner of the gym has invited her to a second class (that is invitation only) on Fridays. This class is 2 hours long and is called "pre-team." YEP...you read it right...she is in the process of being trained to be on the competition team. She is at gymnastics 3 hours a week now and Cali is there 1 hour...so it is our second home! Mrs. Kim has told me that Melisa has a natural ability coupled with a love for it and a determination to learn all she can. She has told us she is more focused than most and has great potential! I am SOOO excited and proud for her. She is also learning her recital dances in tap and ballet and can't wait to show me all the new moves every week! To top it all off, last 9 weeks she had all A's with one B but has pulled the B in Language back up to an A and is once again a Straight A student! She is truly excelling right now!!!

Cali is doing really well also. She moved up to the 3 and 4 year old gymnastics class. Even though she is the youngest and smallest she does awesome! She loves gymnastics and Miss. Mandy (her coach). She does great on her forward rolls and is amazing on the beam...she is even starting to do small jumps (yes, Cali is doing jumps on the beam at 2 1/2)! Do you think I have 2 gymnasts on my hands or what? I think we will have to put her in dance next year as well because you should she her copy the dance routines that her sister does...it is amazing! She is going to be a natural just like her Sissy!

Well, now that I caught you up on EVERYTHING we have done in the past 2 months or so, got my Mommy Brag time in and probably bored you to death, I will finally close this blog out! WHEW...I am worn out all over again from just writing out all that we have been up to! I think I am going to go take a nap now!!

  posted at 9:53 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter