Friday, February 22, 2008
Turning Thirty
Well, today was that dreaded day...the day I hit the BIG THREE-OH! I joked that I was dreading it and that it was NOT going to be talked about, but let me tell you, today was one of the best birthday I have ever had! It was absolutely wonderful and amazing and I haven't once been sad or down that I turned 30, lol!

We really started celebrating the new milestone wtih a special ending to my 20's. We ordered pizza last night, spread out blankets on the trampoline and the whole family cuddled up for a cold picnic while watching the lunar eclipse. It was neat to share some quiet moments with my family as I ended this decade of my life. It couldn't have been more perfect!

My day started out today when my hubby woke me up with a good morning kiss. We sat in the living room for 30 minutes watching the news and chatting. It was a quiet and sweet morning. At 7:30 the phone rang and it was the first of many phone calls for the day. My grandparents called to wish me a Happy Birthday. When I got off the phone with them, I checked my e-mail and had a great birthday e-mail from Dad. Then, I got the first of what was going to be many sweet messages on facebook, myspace, and cafemom! Everyone was so sweet throughout the day writing me notes and sending sweet wishes.

Clark took off for work and the girls and I started our normal days routine at about 8:00. We ate, got dressed, made beds, ate breakfast, started school work, did some laundry and just had a normal day. Well, kind of normal...throughout thgere morning we got phone calls from 3 friends, my Dad, and my Mom. Mom sent me a sweet card with some gift cards and a message that some new Under Armour gear was headed my way. Papa called and let me know that he was sending me money to be used on a new bike since mine got stollen a few months ago! Then, we had another surprise. Clark came home for lunch and then took me to the sports store to get me some new tennis shoes before I had to go to work.

I went to work at Curves and was met with a sweet card that the morning shift had made for me and a phone call from my boss. The afternoon flew by and before I realized it, I was heading home. When I got home, I was shocked to find that my girlies and Miss. Kristy had been busy bee's! They had decorated the house in streamers and balloons for my birthday. It was SOOO sweet! I can't believe they did it! I was also greeted with my "big" present. Clark and the girls got me a Nano Ipod...and I have spent the evening figuring it all out.

Clark has informed me that the birthday celebration will continue on Saturday when we will have cake and go bowling with some great friends. After bowling, rumor has it that the firiends are babysitting and I am going to get to go on a (dare I say it) DATE with my husband!

SOOOO, turning thirty wasn't that bad at all. In fact it showed me just how blessed I am. I have an absolutely AMAZING family and WONDERFUL friends. I don't think I have felt more loved or spoiled on a birthday. Thanks for making it so special everyone! You are all awesome!

  posted at 12:08 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter