Sunday, February 17, 2008
When the Right Thing Isn't the Easy Thing!
Hey everyone! WOW...I have been quiet for a while haven't I? That isn't like me now is it? LOL! I am in the process of writing a LOOONG blog to catch you up on the last month and a half of our crazy lives. However, today/tonight needed a blog of it's very own. We had been planning a cookout for our International Students for the past week but didn't have much of a response so we cancelled it. Well, this morning the tides turned and we ended up having 12 students decide they wanted to do it after all. SOOOO, at 2:30 I started planning a cookout for 18 people (12 students, the 4 Masons, and 2 neighbors). In 3 hours, Clark and I got the house cleaned and food bought and cooked. WHEW...I never thought we would get it done!!!

However, it was a sad night. One of our students will be leaving us on Monday. Her leaving isn't under the best circumstances and she will be greatly missed. Her smile and laughter could always brighten my day. I will never forget the driving lessons I gave her or our chats in the car to and from the airport. She has amazing potential and I pray that she will continue to allow us to have a place in her life even if she isn't here with us. Knowing that she was leaving soon made the night bitter sweet.

Tonight was also a big night, in that we made a big announcement to our students. We told them that we have officially resigned from our position at William Carey. We will work through May 31st and then we are leaving. We know that it is the right thing, but it didn't make it easy to tell our "kids" that we are leaving. To see them cry litterally broke my heart. To hold one student in my arms as she sobbed tore me apart! My heart aches as I sit here and type this.

As I stood before them telling them that God has called us on to a different place I realized something that I already knew (does that make sense?). I realized that what we have done for the past year was far more than a job...it was an investment. We invested our lives into the lives of these precious students and they now hold a precious spot in my heart. They are really my kids. I want to see them succeed and I have the best! It breaks my heart that once we leave there will not be anyone here to take care of them the way we have done. However, God has told me it is time to go. Why does it hurt so much to do the right thing? Why is it so hard to do what I know is right? I may be leaving Hattiesburg in a few months BUT I am not leaving the students...they will come with me in my heart and will remain close to me always!

So, to close out this blog, I want to say "I love you!" to all of my ISO students. No matter what happens, no matter how far away we may be...I LOVE YOU!!!! You are each precious and amazing! I know things will be hard, but I believe in you! I am only an e-mail, facebook message, or phone call away and I don't want you to hesitate in calling me! And remember, we may be leaving, but we God is still with you and He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you! I will miss you each dearly! I love you all!

  posted at 1:03 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter